•Be part of a multidisciplinary project team of engineers and draftmen for projects with a strong focus on projects in infrastructure (bridges, civil constructions, etc.) and / or buildings.
•Responsible for the design and calculation of structures (concrete, steel, wood, etc.) from concept to implementation study.
•Creative in looking for structural solutions to specific problems, taking into account design and budget.
•On a technical level, projects are assisted by the Structural Engineering teams and in the context of geotechnical aspects, the team Geo Engineering will be called upon. Working together with colleagues is a top priority at Tractebel.
•Make agreements with the Lead Engineer about the documents to be supplied, as well as about the timing.
-Carry out the work in accordance with the agreed hours.
-In the event of unforeseen matters, report immediately to the Lead Engineer.
-Assure that the projects are carried out in accordance with our internal quality system and our health and safety rules;
•In charge of communication of the progress of the work in the projects with the Lead Engineer and manager on a regular basis.
•Help with the preparation of quotations and contracts.
• Look for for sustainable and efficient solutions.
•Keep track of the standards, guidelines and developments in your field.
Characteristics related to the project
• Master’s degree in Engineering (M.Sc.Eng.) – construction engineering or equivalent;
• Minimum 6 years of relevant technical experience with regard to design and engineering in infrastructure or building projects, including calculation on Structures;
• With knowledge regarding stability concepts in infrastructure or building projects.
• Good understanding of the applicable construction techniques.
• Good communication skills and are a team player;
• Customer-oriented and flexible;
• Dutch speaker and very good knowledge of English.
• Willing to occasionally make international trips in the context of our projects.