- Oversee and manage all construction project.Provide guidance and project leadership including ground up construction, remodels, renovations, etc. ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding company expectations
- Direct external vendors for the project comprising design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
- Assist with the development and implementation of company and departmental processes and best management practices within areas of responsibility
- Ensure effective contract administration including generation, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation. Assure that internal controls are in place at each step of the process.
- Inspect work in place and work in progress to insure same meets or exceeds quality, specification, and schedule requirements
- Maintain strong working relationships with internal and external team members including staff, subcontractors, vendors, architects, and other industry professionals
- Monitor, analyze and manage controllable expenditures
- Direct staffto ensure efficient and effective departmental performance including training, professional development, and career advancement opportunities
- Interview, hire, and assure effective training and development of staff
- Provide Company subject-matter expertise in areas of responsibility
- Reports status, successes, challenges and plans of action to management team and company on a timely basis
- Develop, manage and be accountable for achievement of key departmental metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, construction management or a related field.
- 15+ years progressive experience in successfully managing site construction projects or programs
- Strong working knowledge of Building Construction, Electricity (UPS, Genset, Distribution panels and project management processes and procedures at a global scale.
- Strong working knowledge and experience in Europe of the design of data centres.
- Track record in concurrently overseeing multiple, medium-scale data centre construction projects
- Ability to analyze and evaluate construction documents including drawings, specifications and contracts
- Competency in CPM scheduling methods, construction cost estimating, proposal generation and development, document management and contract administration
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Project, and other industry computer applications Leadership
- Exceptional leadership, communication, written and verbal presentation, and team- building skills proven in multiple international regions.
- At least five to eight years of people management experience including strong competencies in talent identification and development, coaching, and mentoring proven in multiple international regions.
- Demonstrated success building and leading teams of construction professionals at varying levels of professional development proven in multiple international regions.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, exceptional communication, negotiation and analytical skills required proven in multiple international regions.
- Ability to multi-task and work within a team projects in an extremely fast paced and demanding environment and internationally.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.