For Senior Manager of Data Science role in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) Data Science team, we are seeking an innovative and analytical thinker to champion our data-driven strategies within the region. As a Data Science Senior Manager, you will participate in business development, build predictive and prescriptive models, and develop context-based prototypes and high-impact storyboards that promote data-driven strategies and solutions for company clients. This role is dedicated exclusively to working for on a key client account based in the UAE market.
- Identify innovation opportunities around data and data-related processes that will help our clients implement fact-based decisioning processes within their cards and payments program.
- Work entails heavy focus on transaction data modelling and analytics for cards and payments products Work with a broader team that consists of Business Managers, Consultants and Data Scientists from both company and client organizations to strategize, co-create, deploy, and reap the benefits of data-driven solutions.
- Work with regional and global Data Science teams to develop high-quality analytic products and solutions that promote company’s growth in the region.
- Keep the company at the forefront of technological advancement in Data Science by introducing cutting-edge tools and techniques for generating business insights.
- Develop next-generation analytic methods where existing tools and techniques are inadequate to address business challenges.
- Review, direct, guide, and inspire the analytical work of junior members in the team.
- Collaborate with internal Technology partners and Data Engineering function to best leverage company’s internal technology platforms, data, and the broader company ecosystem to support our clients’ technical data needs.
- Manage workload for self and any direct reports, providing prioritization guidance for project flow to improve process efficiency.
- Manage and grow talent within the team.
- Develop, share, and build global best practices and knowledge management within the team.
- Socialize innovative ideas and approaches that are scalable and have market demand.
- Champion internal requirements around Model Risk Management, company Analytics Rules, and Global Privacy standards around client delivery to ensure that company’s highly regarded market standing is maintained.
- Minimum of 10+ years of expertise in applying Machine Learning solutions to business problems – model development and production experience required.
- Post-graduate degree (Masters or PhD) in a quantitative field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Data Science, Operational Research, Computer Science, Informatics, Economics, or Engineering.
- Experience working in one or more of the Card & Payments markets around the globe; with specific responsibilities in payments, retail banking, or retail merchant industries.
- Good understanding of Payments and the Banking industry, including card verticals such as consumer credit, consumer debit, prepaid, small business, commercial and co-branded product.
- Expert knowledge of data, market intelligence, business intelligence, and AI-driven tools and technologies, with demonstrated ability to incorporate new techniques to solve business problems.
- Experience planni`ng, organizing, and managing multiple large projects with diverse cross-functional teams, including resource planning and delivery implementation Experience in presenting ideas and analysis to stakeholders whilst tailoring data-driven results to various audience levels.
- Proven ability to deliver results within committed scope, timeline, and budget.
- Very strong people/project management skills and experience.
- Ability to travel within MENA on short notice.