- Accountable for all matters related to the Rotating and package engineering, fit for purpose and with full
respect to the
Statement Of Requirement with approved changes.
- Represents the Company technical authority for these disciplines.
- Prepares and suggests technical content of essential studies to initiate EPC contractor action and
conformity with state
of the art in LNG plant design.
- Supervises all subcontracted studies and provides support to other packages with the support of Head
- Ensure Rotating design choices take into account constructability, operability and flexibility of the
- Proposes recommendations on technical deviation requests and keeps updated the documentation
related to the
- Participates to studies required by third parties as required.
- Communicates and applies the H3SE policies of the COMPANY and ensure the engineering is developed
- Ensures the correct implementation of Company rules and specifications (CR’s/ GS’s), Project
international standards and any applicable regulations requirements.
- Leads the review of the CONTRACTOR’ key deliverables such as: Rotating studies / Rotating LLI PO
consolidate comments from the other engineering disciplines and operations.
- Provides technical assistance to the project for any technical audits (required by the banks and the
companies or Board of Directors, HAZOP, PR…).
- Participate, in coordination, with others to the Inspection and Tests Plans (ITP) and FAT preparation and
To attend meetings / FATs with Vendors where necessary.
- Ensure that rotating Equipment are commissioned and started up as per detailed engineering
accordingly to Vendor recommendations. Provide support and search for Vendor assistance if needed.
- Ensure the quality and completeness of Rotating Machinery, Equipment, and Packages Final
(deliverables both from the Contractor and the Vendors) in compliance with Project Scope of Work,
Procedures and allowing an adequate hand-over to the Operation
- Reports potential impact on overall project strategy, planning and target achievement.
- Promotes workshops with the HQ specialist and or contractor’s specialist in order to ensure COMPANY
and comments are well understood and quickly integrated in technical documents.
- Guides EPC CONTRACTOR main design selection in a Fit-for-Purpose approach in order to reach an
design. Accordingly, he promotes and follow until approval the deviation request to COMPANY
requirements in the
- Ensures through efficient review the good respect of the applicable frame of reference.
- Participates actively to proper interface management with Process, Safety, Electrical, Instrumentation…
- Reviews and comments the key technical documents of the interfacing disciplines such as Process,
instrumentation,… as well as project procedures, if required.
- Report highlights to its management with proposed mitigation measures when deemed required.
- Provides its technical inputs to any contractual discussions with EPC Contractor.
- Contributes to the development of the digital plant though the centric data management when
- Participates to audits of risk-contractors if need be.
- Participate to Vendors and in particular for LLIs technical evaluation.
- Get knowledge of the Omani norms and practices and use it in project when relevant.
- Assist commissioning, start up and Operation team when required. Transfer project knowledge to
- Prepare REX and Lessons Learnt all along the FEED.
- Contribute to personnel skills improvement and encourage knowledge transfer.