The Project Sourcing Leader will be responsible for performing/managing sourcing activities for assigned Power Services Projects (Complex Projects and Extended Scope Projects) including ITO & OTR phases in the MEA region. This role will focus on Gas Turbine, Steam Turbine, Generator, Boiler, AQCS and BoP scope of major Conversion, Modification & Upgrade (CM&U) projects in Power Generation Industry.
The Project Sourcing Leader demonstrates leadership in driving sourcing programs, and processes in the Services business working on complex projects and Non-Outage Field Services customer needs. The successful candidate will have the goal to achieve lowest possible cost for Materials, Parts, Services, EPC scope balanced against optimum quality and schedule needs of the project. He / She will be responsible to solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques. Implement purchase contracts following applicable company guidelines.
• Project Sourcing Leader will partner with PMO – Project Managers and Outage Managers to ensure externally sourced scope is purchased at the best price, and quality and that it ships on time to meet required need dates. Sourcing representative on the proposal team in tendering to ensure compliant and competitive proposals. Ensure sourcing inputs to the proposal are timely, accurate and reflect needed scope.
• Responsible for supplier selection, preparation of request for quotations using the digital platforms to process RFQ’s and all related communication with suppliers. This will involve close coordination with Engineering, PMO and suppliers (EPC’s and OEM’s) to understand project scope requirements. Together with the discipline/package expert (PMO or Engineering), prepare bidders lists and work with suppliers for bid clarification and/or kick-off meetings if required and facilitate such meetings. Solicit and evaluate proposals employing appropriate negotiation, cost and price analysis techniques.
• Responsible for leading negotiation of contracts (purchasing agreement and contract of works) for external sourcing of services and materials of complex project scopes using expertise from supporting organizations like contracts, legal and insurance teams. Ensure appropriate business approvals are obtained as per DOA prior to final contract negotiations following applicable company and regulations.
• Manage the resolution of any other issues impacting externally sourced scope including checking of contract fulfillment, complaints and claim management. Drive CCFQ (cost, compliance, fulfillment, quality). Ensure quality team is involved early stages.
• Sourcing Fulfillment of GT, ST, Gen, Boiler & related MSD scope. Work with Parts Sourcing Fulfillment Team to set sourcing strategy, identify compliance requirements and prioritize expediting of parts and materials.
• Ensure supplier payments, close open PO’s, deal with AP holds and payment updates to suppliers. Responsible for PMO dashboard updates, metrics and weekly KPI’s follow up.
• Coordinate with Regional Strategic Sourcing Key Commodity Leaders on supplier selection & strategy. Log and get approvals for deflation/inflation workflow for every RFQ created, drive projects deflation with accurate record keeping.
• Ensure compliance of the offers specifications, schedule, quality and contractual terms. Sourcing single point of contact for Project Management and close co-operation with the project execution team and individual departments, especially commercial manager, legal, engineering, quality, EHS, and finance. Work with respective Supplier Quality Engineers to ensure the use of qualified suppliers and to resolve supply chain issues.
Qualifications / Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an accredited university or college.
• Proficient in MS Office applications including Outlook, Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in supply chain, sourcing, engineering or field engineering role in power generation industry. Familiarity with GT, ST, Gen, Boiler & related BOP components.
• Ability and willingness to travel up to 20% of the time if required.
• Oracle/SAP ERP purchasing system experience. Ariba knowledge is an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills including reading and interpreting contractual documents.
• Advanced knowledge with procurement and sourcing processes in tender and execution stage, expertise in preparation of cost calculation, ability of analytical evaluation of data.
• Good knowledge of the concepts of Purchasing Agreements and Contracts management
• Minimum 7 years of experience in Supply Chain or Sourcing commodity leader / buying experience
• Financial and business acumen, Familiarity with Sourcing quality process
• Demonstrated program and/or project management skills
• Familiarity with different organizations & responsibilities within EPC Construction companies
• Demonstrated ability to be effective in a cross-functional, cross-cultural team environment
• Experience with Risk and Claim Management
• Six Sigma training is preferred