• Instrument engineer is responsible for project execution covering all Engineering phases from CFT development, Tendering, execution, basic engineering, detailed engineering, construction, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up.
• Responsible for expediting all Instrument and Control engineering works including engineering reviews and approval of deliverables from contractors and vendors and ensuring that all instrument and control engineering works are completed in accordance with applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes and standards including all technical requirements and local regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCIC.
• To provide technical support in the procurement of Instruments and Control equipment/materials, and provide justification to resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables. Coordination and communication with other disciplines, as an Instrument and Control focal point.
• Provide engineering support during construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning phases where applicable. Develop Tender requirements in the responsible discipline, and ensure all scope is fully captured as Contract requirements for the subsequent stage. Including to be assisting Tendering team to conduct tendering process until the award.
• Monitor and resolve all Instrument and Control engineering issues that surfaced at job sites expeditiously for smooth completion of fabrication and installation. Ensuring correct engineering as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinating with design contractor to update into As-built design package and ensure smooth handover of both engineering design package and constructed facilities.
• Accountable to the project Facilities Engineer for all Instrument and Control project works, status reports, reviews, assessments, evaluations, and studies as directed suitable for the job position. Ensure control, diligence, and orderly performance of all Instrument and Control work executed by contractors and vendors such that the project implementation will meet the project technical requirements and will complete within the project schedule.
• Specify all Instrument and Control requirements needed for the project in totally and strategize to prevent potential variation orders and potential contract claims towards the end of the project and support the Engineering manager in any special assignment during the execution of project.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Instrument or Control Engineering in instrumentation, control system, automation and/or related field.
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in instrumentation and automation engineering for Onshore oil and gas production facilities, petrochemical and/or refinery, with a proven track record in FEED, Detailed Engineering and/or EPCIC. At least 8 years’ experience in brownfield project and modification.
• Must have a good understanding of process and facility design and production operations including a broad range of expertise on conceptual, basic design, detailed design, construction/installation, commissioning/start up and production operation of Onshore oil and gas projects. Extensive knowledge of Instrumentation and Control system, equipment, and package, required for Onshore production facilities.
• Proficient in design and selection of ICSS, DCS, PLC, SCADA system, Fire & Gas detection, field instrumentation, control valve, safety valve, metering system, online analysers, microwave/radio system, satellite system, fibre optic communication, and wire/wireless communication. Knowledge in Intools (Smart Plant Instrument) software, exSIL entia software, and extensive experience in SIL classification and verification, and SIF design.
• Good knowledge with AGA, ANSI, ASME, AGA, API, ATEX, IEC, ISA, ISO, NEMA, NFPA, ITU and other related international codes and standards applicable for Instrumentation Control System design.
• Familiar with Algerian oil field production complex development is an advantage.
• Excellence in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Systematic Thinking, Proactive working style and willingness to learn with the new task.
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills; a team orientation, as well as the ability to deal effectively with personnel at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is a must. Able to communicate and writing in French is an advantage.
• Capable of working independently, efficient, and competent in carrying out duties.
• Able to travel to the field if there is any short business mission i.e. Desert camp, CPF site.