- Operate rail grinding track machine.
- Operate turnout grinding machine.
- Operate manual grinding machines and hand-held grinders.
- Reporting any machine defects to Grinding Supervisor, where appropriate.
- Operating or maintaining the machine safely and effectively, as instructed by the Grinding Supervisor.
- Ensure the quality of grinding for the turnout components – switch blade, crossing.
- Ensure the quality of track grinding
- Set up, operate, or tend grinding and related tools that remove excess material or burrs from surfaces, sharpen edges or corners, or buff, hone, or polish metal or plastic workpieces.
- Activate machine start-up switches to grind, lap, hone, debar, shear, or cut workpieces, according to specifications.
- Observe machine operations to detect any problems, making necessary adjustments to correct problems.
- Replace grinding stones.
- Carry out grinding machine repairs and maintenance.
- Inspect or measure finished workpieces to determine conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as gauges or micrometers.
- Select machine tooling to be used, using knowledge of machine and production requirements.
- Measure workpieces and lay out work, using precision measuring devices.
- Repair or replace machine parts, using hand tools, or notify engineering personnel when corrective action is required.
- Mount and position tools in machine chucks, spindles, or other tool holding devices, using hand tools.
- Brush or spray lubricating compounds on workpieces, or turn valve handles and direct flow of coolant against tools and workpieces.
- Set and adjust machine controls according to product specifications, using knowledge of machine operation
- Advance knowledge of rail grinding.
- Experience as rail grinding machine operator on the metro / railway project.
- Experience in turnout grinding using manual grinders including switch blades and crossing.
- Previous work in the Engineering hours shift.
- Understanding of maintenance activities.
- Ability to read drawings and technical documentation.