• Oversee and manage all construction project.Provide guidance and project leadership including ground up construction, remodels, renovations, etc. ensuring projects are meeting or exceeding company expectations
• Direct external vendors for the project comprising design teams, commissioning agents, equipment suppliers, etc.
• Assist with the development and implementation of company and departmental processes and best management practices within areas of responsibility
• Ensure effective contract administration including generation, review, management, and monitoring of prime contracts, subcontracts, change orders, cost forecasts, and other pertinent documents and documentation. Assure that internal controls are in place at each step of the process.
• Inspect work in place and work in progress to insure same meets or exceeds quality, specification, and schedule requirements
including staff, subcontractors, vendors, architects, and other industry professionals
• Monitor, analyze and manage controllable expenditures
• Direct staff to ensure efficient and effective departmental performance including training, professional development, and career advancement opportunities
• Interview, hire, and assure effective training and development of staff
• Provide Company subject-matter expertise in areas of responsibility
• Reports status, successes, challenges and plans of action to management team and company on a timely basis
• Develop, manage and be accountable for achievement of key departmental metrics
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in engineering, construction management or a related field.
• 15+ years progressive experience in successfully managing site construction projects or programs
• Strong working knowledge of Building Construction, Electricity (UPS, Genset, Distribution panels and project management processes and procedures at a global scale.
• Strong working knowledge and experience in Europe of the design of data centres.
• Track record in concurrently overseeing multiple, medium-scale data centre construction projects