• Mechanical engineer (Rotating) is responsible for project execution covering all Engineering phases from CFT development, Tendering, execution, basic engineering, detailed engineering, construction, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-up.
• Lead specification development, technical bidding and vendor document evaluation of rotating machines for Industrial EPC Projects.
• Provide strong leadership to drive mechanical technical design and project coordination.
• Be able to prepare equipment data sheets, and full mechanical equipment and system specifications.
• Be able to perform technical and economic evaluations and prepare reports with recommendations.
• Prepare procurement strategy as well as participate in tendering processes to obtain the most appropriate contractors of responsible package. The work includes review bidder lists, perform pre-qualification evaluation, prepare document related to tender process, review, and make recommendation regarding contractor’s overall plan and specification, and liaise with procurement, logistics team regarding material/equipment purchase, transportation, delivery, courier etc.
• Review, comment, and approve contractor’s design and engineering work. Handle and resolve any design and engineering issues arise including engineering cost estimation and problem analysis.
• Monitor and follow up contractor’s activities and provide technical support and engineering solutions during construction phase, ensuring that engineering, construction, and installation of responsible package are executed in compliance with quality requirements, specifications and SSHE standard. Initiate and implement corrective actions when the performance of the contractor deviates from what is expected.
• Participate the overall plant layout design workshop to provide necessary input regarding material handling, operating and maintenance point of view to comply with the best practice and industrial norm.
• Be representative in technical meeting for facility engineering part to provide advice/ recommendation in own expertise including to any technical review sessions e.g. HAZID, HAZOP, PTR, etc. as a mechanical rotating focal point.
• Well understanding in rotating machine design and be able to provide technical advice for vibration problem, rotor dynamic, tortional analysis, balance of plant, dynamic simulation, surge control system, performance curve, etc.
• Monitor the compliance of statutory obligations, and applicable regulations which require in Algeria.
Professional Knowledge & Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineer or related field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in mechanical systems and equipment (rotating).
• Minimum of 15 years’ experience in rotating equipment experience for Oil and Gas industry.
• Experience in engineering work for project development phase i.e. Conceptual, FEED, EPCI, especially the project in desert environment.
• Experience working for design/operate on CPF complex for gas/oil/water processing
• Experience working with various types of pumps, mechanical seal systems, API seal plan, air cooler, generator, gas engine, various types of compressors and turbomachinery.
• Experience working with ASME, API, BS and ISO Standards for rotating equipment.
• Excellence in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Systematic Thinking, Proactive working style and willingness to learn with the new task.
• Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills; a team orientation, as well as the ability to deal effectively with personnel at all levels.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English is a must.
• Able to travel to the field if there is any short business mission i.e. Desert camp, CPF site.
Additional Desirable Qualifications :
• Recognised professional licensed Engineer