- Understanding of current national and European legislation for working at heights.
- Recognizing the hazards when working at height.
- Understanding basic concepts such as Work/Travel Restraint, Fall Arrest, Work Positioning, main and backup safety point, SWL – WLL – SF, etc.
- Knowledge about systems and fall arrest devices, lanyards, energy absorbers, anchor points, and mobile anchor devices.
- Pre-use inspection, fitting, and adjustment of the PFPE. The hazards and risks associated with the incorrect use of PFPE.
- Calculation of the potential fall distance.
- Safe use of fixed ladders, permanent and temporary lifelines, and self-retracting lifelines.
- Basic knowledge about rope rigging and mechanical advantage using pulley systems.
- Lifting operations using ropes and pulleys.
- Basic rope maneuvers with two independent ropes such as:
• Ascending, descending, passing re-belays, passing knots on ropes, passing rope protection, passing deviations, rope to rope transfer, etc.
• Vertical and horizontal aid climbing using personal PFPE and equipment.
• Rescue techniques from ropes, height workplaces, and confined spaces.
- Reference to Suspension Trauma and first aid protocols and the procedures to be followed.
- Rescue and Evacuation procedures from height workplaces, towers, and confined spaces using ropes and typical rescue kits.