- The HSE leads works to prevent workplace accidents and promotes health and safety awareness and education for all genesis internal/externals people.
They are responsible for making sure that teams/workers follow health, environmental and safety laws and creating policies for a safer work environment.
They must take measures to identify potential workplace hazards and improve existing conditions.
- Report to project End to End Lead, role model for all Safety, environmental and health topics.
- Distribution of tasks / responsibilities between the engineering company and the project team at different stages of the project
- Risk analysis strategy (bio-containment risk assessment, methodology, realization of HAZOP or What-if, Risk matrix, …)
- Strategy: biocontainment, CE certification, ATEX, PED, General emergency shutdown, SECT management, accident/incident investigation, near miss, KPI
- External resource management for design
- Plans, implements, manages, and maintains comprehensive health, environmental & safety programs on Genesis project.
- Identify, eliminate and control hazardous conditions that may lead to injury and or property damage using job specific safety standards, safety by design, risk analysis, best management practices, and the building/ construction safety program program. Build working relationships with project staff and Subcontractor Safety Representatives
- Partner with the project Manager, engineering lead, User lead, verification lead, stakeholders to ensure project site compliance with Company Environmental, Health & Safety and risk control policies and procedures. Lead, direct and enforce safety on a single Genesis project, based on the safety staffing requirements as defined by HSE standards/requirements
- Conducts safety meetings, audits, and inspections to ensure compliance, evaluate performance, identify corrective action, and implement follow up assessments.
- Provides project management team with guidance on health, environmental and safety and confirm project site fulfills industry, local, state, guidelines and regulations.
- Guarantees that all work are performed in accordance with approved manuals, internal policies and procedures, contract documents, and good engineering practices.
- Contribute to the development of the overall project safety program, ensures HSE by design with Engineering support
- Lead and provides input on HazOp with process engineering support
- Hold pre-construction planning meeting with subcontractors to review overall site safety program and job hazard analysis for their scope of work, and ensure plans are in place to mitigate risks.
- Proactively engages HSE subject matter experts in design on matters pertaining to biosafety, biocontainment, biosecurity and environment & sustainability
- Ensure that full compliance with companies HSE procedures and requirements have been implemented and maintained by all associated Contractors and Suppliers
- Ensure that Contractor Reporting and Recording are compliant with company HSE Procedures
- Ensures all new systems have pre-start HSE reviews completed and as needed involves a Professional Engineer or Certified Industrial Hygienist
- Ensure proactive communications are established and maintained with employees, contractors, and
authorities, regarding HSE aspects of the project
- Review and prepare HSE Documents, Procedures and review of Risk Assessments.
- Participate in required Safety Meetings, HAZID’s Safety Surveys / Inspections / Conferences, Forums and Kick-Off meetings
- Create safety reports for the project, analyzing metrics and making recommendations for improvement over baseline.
- Ensures applicable HSE permits and licenses are used, updated, improved as required
- Evaluate HSE training needs and make recommendations for internal team and to subcontractors
- Develop HSE programs to prevent employee and contractor injuries and environmental releases
- Escalates HSE concerns and risks to the Director of Project, Process and HSE Systems.