• Spearhead the day-to-day operations of the department, to ensure compliance with established standards & procedures.
• Conduct risk assessment analysis by analyzing credit data, bank statements and audit reports to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit and to establish their credit limit.
• Coordinate for processing of credit proposals including credit analysis and financial ratios; analyze data such as income growth and quality of management to determine the credit worthiness of businesses.
• Apply risk management techniques and principles to identify, control and reduce risks involved in granting credit facilities to borrowers, monitor repayment schedules and patterns to anticipate losses in advance.
• Assess and determine the quality of bank’s assets regularly, recommended changes to strengthen the credit appraisal process and increase reliability and accuracy of decisions.
• Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of systems, processes and practices considering ‘international best practice;’ improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.