- Strong payment regulation background
- Having experience working with Central Banks would be ideal
- Maintain records and systems for payments, accurately inputting and retrieving data as required and ensure that entries are kept up to date.
- Assist with the correction of errors including checking for any duplicate or over-payments and initiate recovery action where appropriate.
- Produce reports to identify potential duplicates and discrepancies with the purchase orders function and liaise with departmental and finance colleagues to resolve any issues.
- Validate credit notes to ensure that the monies can be recovered from the suppliers promptly and input. If we are no longer doing business with the supplier then arrange for recovery of the monies.
- To assist with Welfare Funeral work, ensuring any required reconciliations are carried out in line with current financial regulations and are prepared in a timely and accurate manner.
- Resolve invoice issues, contacting Council’s suppliers and various contacts within the Council in relation to queries arising from the invoices together with the reconciling of supplier statements and the
- investigation of unpaid invoices to ensure all supplier invoices are paid by their due date.