● Rotation working at SAHARA, Hassi Messaoud or GH site/OC camp
● Instrument engineer is responsible for project execution covering all Engineering phases from CFT development, Tendering,
execution, basic engineering, detailed engineering, construction, installation, pre-commissioning, commissioning, and start-
● Responsible for expediting all Instrument and Control engineering works including engineering reviews and approval of
deliverables from contractors and vendors and ensuring that all instrument and control engineering works are completed in
accordance with applicable contract(s), specifications, design codes and standards including all technical requirements and
local regulations as well as the Project Quality and HSE plan during FEED and EPCIC.
● To provide technical support in the procurement of Instruments and Control equipment/materials, and provide justification to
resolve relevant technical issues, technical queries, deviations, and discrepancies among relevant engineering deliverables.
Coordination and communication with other disciplines, as an Instrument and Control focal point.
● Provide engineering support during construction, pre-commissioning, and commissioning phases where applicable. Develop
Tender requirements in the responsible discipline, and ensure all scope is fully captured as Contract requirements for the
subsequent stage. Including assisting the Tendering team to conduct the tendering process until the award.
● Monitor and resolve all Instrument and Control engineering issues that surfaced at job sites expeditiously for smooth
completion of fabrication and installation. Ensuring correct engineering as-built mark-ups for its discipline and coordinating
with design contractors to update into As-built design packages and ensure smooth handover of both engineering design
package and constructed facilities.
● Accountable to the project Facilities Engineer for all Instrument and Control project works, status reports, reviews,
assessments, evaluations, and studies as directed suitable for the job position. Ensure control, diligence, and orderly
performance of all Instrument and Control work executed by contractors and vendors such that the project implementation
will meet the project technical requirements and will complete within the project schedule.
● Specify all Instrument and Control requirements needed for the project in total and strategize to prevent potential variation
orders and potential contract claims towards the end of the project and support the Operations director in any special
assignment during the execution of project.
● Ensure that the quality of design calculations and drawings produced are in accordance with the Project Execution Plan,
applicable Project Procedures and Standards, Safety and Quality Control.
● Enforcing HSE (Health, Safety, and Environment) policies and procedures to maintain a safe working environment.
Candidate requirements :
● Bachelor’s degree or higher in Instrument or Control Engineering in instrumentation, control system, automation and/or
● Minimum of 12 years’ experience in instrumentation and automation engineering for Onshore oil and gas production facilities, petrochemical and/or refinery.At least 7 years’ experience in brownfield project and modification.
● Must have a good understanding of process and facility design and production operations including a broad range of
expertise on conceptual, basic design, detailed design, construction/installation, commissioning/startup and production
operation of Onshore oil and gas projects. Extensive knowledge of Instrumentation and Control system, equipment, and
package, required for Onshore production facilities.