Description de l'annonce
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Be responsible for all legal matters (contract and compliance), especially leading contract negotiations, liaising with external legal counsel, training on legal topics to the team
- Provide general legal advice on contract management and legal matters as they arise (including regulatory and local law issues in coordination with local counsel) during the development phases of a project and its execution including change orders, force majeure, owner failure, punch list, delays and warranty claims
- Provide legal support and guidance to the project manager, contract manager and regional management teams in pursuing clients in the case of non-payment or payment dispute.
- Monitor trends in construction law and engineering consultancy business
- Contribute when needed to the definition of procedures and methods for Business Development in all aspects related to legal and contract representation and integration within the Middle East scope
- Manage and organize the negotiation and preparation of legal documents for bid submittal, including mark-ups of project agreements, partnerships with third parties, level services, and subcontract agreement
- Support the General Counsel located in India for the deployment and integration of the legal organization within the Middle East (incl. implementation of group standards and systems, sharing the best practices, providing training, etc…)
- Control the hiring, use, quality and cost of external legal counsel
- Contribute to the implementation and use of the document management system.
- General Counsel located in India for all legal and contract matters
- Regional CFO located in Dubai for all Ethics and Compliance matters. Key Relationships
Master Degree in law from a reputable university, Admission to the Roll of Solicitors or Equivalent depending on Nationality Any additional qualification or training Language Strong and excellent communication skill in English.
One of the following languages (Arabic/French/German/Hindi) is a plus.
Experience and Skills:
- 5+ years of legal practice in business / transactional law practice in a major law firm with international exposure or a multinational company, preferably energy or construction business.