Manages the maintenance program for assigned area. Assists in the overall administration, management, planning organizing, and staffing of the division/program in the enforcement and implementation of all policies and procedures.
Assists in and may oversee new building construction and major remodeling projects.
Prepares the annual budget for assigned program; maintains fiscal records and monitors expenditures
and distribution of budgeted funds to assure compliance with approved limits.
• Recommends and implements policies, procedures, guidelines, and standards for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of assigned program, assuring compliance with applicable legal requirements and County policies and goals.
• Manages on-going comprehensive needs assessment, audits, program evaluation, and special studies as required, to assure program compliance with legal requirements.
• Receives and reviews work orders for maintenance, repair, construction activities, and minor improvement projects preparing operational plans for each project; determines manpower, equipment and material needs working from engineering drawings, blueprints, and specification.
• Monitors costs and plan reviews for construction projects of limited scope and size. May act as a project manager.
• Assists in the development of bid specifications for equipment, materials, and supplies purchased and reviews final specifications to assure needs of assigned area of operations are met.
• Inspects work in progress and upon completion to assure high quality of work and that standards of safety and legal requirements are being met.
• May serve as a key liaison for the program and direct the resolution of inquiries, problems, complaints, or emergencies affecting availability or quality of services. Responds to sensitive or complex inquiries or service complaints.
Skills & Requirements:
Good communication skills (verbal, written, PowerPoint)
New age tools/ platforms mastery (digital & analytics)
Leadership skills, team & man-management skills
Good knowledge of cost-saving measures
Energy conservation expert
Analytics & budget skills