- Regularly manage and review performance of employees and subcontractors and present
positive or constructive feedback on accomplishments and areas needing attention.
- Comply with Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes on site
- Report or resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner
- Assure implementation of the Site Quality Plan in coordination with the functional corporate
quality program to ensure that Site Works will be conducted to the satisfaction of the
Customer, to the level of GE Grid standards and in accordance with contractual requirements,
operating modes, instructions received from Product Units, manufacturers and suppliers
Health and Safety
- Owns Safety on the site.
- Demonstrate EHS leadership and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented within the team
- Takes responsibility to reward and encourage direct reports to take proactive steps toward all
matters related to EHS in the workplace.
- Identifies and evaluate EHS risks on site and implements practical correction measures in
working with ESH staff.
- Participates in hierarchical/ team safety visits and leads EHS improvement initiatives
- Sets objectives and measures results to encourages EHS performance as a contributing factor
to reach business objectives
- Sets the example by demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions and
behaviors, giving constructive feedback and celebrating EHS effective prevention.
- Actively participates in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an uncontrolled
risk is observed.
- Routinely observes culture and behaviors of others and provides immediate feedback
regarding unsafe behavior and celebrates achievements or safe behaviors.
- Actively and routinely promotes the identification of hazards and near misses to their team/s
- Responsible to ensure safety on the site by implementing and ensuring control of
implementation of EHS instructions and standards. He takes support from the Site EHS
- Ensures coordination and compliance with customer ESH expectations.
- Ensure the monitoring of EHS events, non-compliance and accidents
- Ensure that, at each stage of works, the site is in safe condition before pursuance of works
- Daily safety observations “expectation of 2 per shift”
- Schedule Starts/Fins “number of planned starts and planned finishes is above 75%”
- Craft subcontractor performance (PF) “Expectation is 1.0 or higher”
- Completion of Daily Contractor Report “Expectation is within 24 hours of recorded shift”
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of 10 to 20 years in the construction field related to civil or Electrical
- Background in civil works, electrical works.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- 10 to 20 years of direct hire – self perform site experience of projects.
- Experience in Consortium organization will be a plus.
- Strong organizational capacity and scheduling/planning experience
- Knowledgeable and capable with experience to make decisions in a fast-moving high pressure
- Driving toward results and implementation of tight time schedules including shifts.
- Experience of international projects and management of international/multicultural teams.